What Other Kids Are Reading
Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 1 piece of whole-wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 (4 oz. each) salmon fillets
Equipment and supplies:
- Baking sheet or roasting pan
- Food processor
What to do:
- Put oven on broiler setting.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler flame. (Get a grownup's help with this.)
- Place olives, bread, and lemon zest into a food processor and process until it reaches a paste texture. (Again, get an adult's help.)
- Pat salmon dry and spread a heaping tablespoon of olive mixture over each piece.
- Broil fish about 15 minutes, checking halfway through to ensure it's not burning.
How much does this recipe make?
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Date reviewed: January 2011
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.