What Other Kids Are Reading
Note: If you try this recipe, get a grownup's help because it requires using a knife.
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 8 ounces canned salmon (packed in water, not oil), drained
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cucumber, diced
- 1 scallion, ends removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free plain Greek yogurt or low-fat/fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
Equipment and supplies:
- Knife and cutting board
- Medium mixing bowl
What to do:
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir well to combine. Serve and enjoy!
How much does this recipe make? 2 servings
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.