5 Myths About STDs
- Rich people get STDs. Poor people get them. Athletes get them. Math geeks get them. CEOs and professors get them. Even someone having sex for the first time can get an STD. The best way to avoid getting an STD is not to have sex or any kind of sexual contact.
- What can you do? If you decide to have sex, always use a condom every time. Even if you're already on another kind of birth control, like the Pill, you should still use a condom. That's because condoms are the only type of birth control that reduces the risk of getting an STD.
- Myth: If your partner has an STD, you'll see it.
- Myth: You can avoid STDs by having oral or anal sex.
- Myth: Once you've had an STD, there's no chance of getting it again.
- Myth: If you get checked and you're STD free, your partner doesn't need to get checked as well.