Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Recipe makes: 3 burgers
- 5-ounce can boneless, skinless salmon, drained
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- ½ green or red bell pepper
- ½ cup fresh, whole-wheat bread crumbs (you can also use whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Ground pepper and salt substitute to taste
Equipment and supplies:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Knife and cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Cooking spray
- Nonstick skillet
- Wash and chop the pepper and grate the lemon zest (if using).
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl. Mix well. Form into 5 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Fry the patties for 4 minutes on each side or until slightly browned.
- Serve the salmon burgers hot, either with a favorite vegetable or on top of a salad.
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com