Note: This recipe is especially for teens with lactose intolerance, who need to limit or avoid dairy products.
This baked chicken dish has a bit of Indian flare.
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 2 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 ounces coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Use ½ teaspoon oil to grease baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Combine canola oil, coconut milk, cilantro, and curry powder in a shallow bowl.
- Add chicken to sauce and coat evenly. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish.
- Spoon remainder of yogurt sauce on top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 35 minutes or until it's no longer pink in the middle.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
38 g protein
5 g fat
2 g sat. fat
4 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
100 mg cholesterol
127 mg sodium
129 mg calcium
1.2 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Tastes great with couscous or rice and steamed vegetables.
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com