Chewy Cinnamon Granola Bars
Note: This recipe contains nuts. If you serve these granola bars to other people, find out if they're allergic to nuts first!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Recipe makes: 16 bars
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 1/3 c. whole-wheat flour
- 3 tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ c. walnuts or any nut you prefer, chopped small
- ¼ c. raisins
Equipment and Supplies:
- 8"x8" baking ban
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Sharp knife for cutting bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Lay a 6"x18" piece of parchment paper in the pan, allowing the excess paper to hang over the side. This helps make it easier to remove the bars when they're done.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until light and foamy. Add honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon and whisk until combined. Stir in oats, flour, butter, nuts, and raisins and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Allow bars to cool for 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares. Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com