Prep time: 10 minutes
Recipe makes: 2-4 servings of 2 tablespoons per person)
- 1½ c. frozen shelled edamame
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. cumin
Equipment and supplies:
- Medium pot
- Blender or food processor
- Cook edamame in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place edamame, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and cumin into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 5 minutes, stopping halfway through to scrape down the side of the bowl. If necessary, add a little water to loosen up the hummus a bit.
- Sprinkle with extra cumin for garnish. Serve with fresh cut-up vegetables — try carrots, bell peppers, celery, and broccoli — for dipping.
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com