Bean and Corn Salsa
Prep time: 10 minutes
Recipe makes: 10 servings
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1½ cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced chilies (optional)
- 2 whole-wheat pitas
Equipment and supplies:
- Knife and cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl for mixing
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Toast the pita.
- Serve each ½ cup portion with ¼ of a pita.
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com