Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This dish is loaded with calories and fat, so make sure you take your enzymes if pancreatic insufficient.
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Dip chicken in egg. Then dip chicken in the seasoned breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and top each piece with 1½ oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes; pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 722 calories
- 61 g protein
- 46 g fat
- 794 mg sodium
- 620 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve this with your favorite pasta dish. Don't forget to add some veggies to your meal!
- About TeensHealth
- Reading BrightStart!
- Contact Us
- Editorial Policy
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com