Creamy Chicken Fettuccine
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This high-calorie, high-protein meal is quick and easy to make.
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 ounces) can broccoli cheese soup
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 6 ounces cooked fettuccine
- 1½ cup steamed broccoli
- In a hot skillet, melt butter and sauté garlic for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning the garlic.
- Stir in soup, heavy whipping cream, whole milk, and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat sauce mixture until it boils.
- Add cooked chicken to sauce mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Toss with fettuccine and steamed broccoli.
Serving size: 2½ to 3 cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
50 g protein
30 g fat
203 mg calcium
1096 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com