Baked Creamy Chicken
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This creamy chicken dish is a quick and easy meal to make on busy weeknights.
Prep time: 60 minutes
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 1-ounce slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 cup stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top each piece of chicken with cheese slices.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup and chicken broth. Mix well. (Freeze the remainder of the soup for later use.)
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix stuffing crumbs and butter together. Put bread crumbs on top of chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Be sure that chicken is no longer pink inside.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 539 calories
- 51 g protein
- 25 g fat
- 953 mg sodium
- 279 mg calcium
Note: Cooking wine was used in this nutritional analysis. Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with your favorite rice or pasta dish.
- About TeensHealth
- Reading BrightStart!
- Contact Us
- Editorial Policy
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com