What Other Kids Are Reading
Roast Beef Wrap
Note: This recipe works well with leftover steak or brisket, too. Ask for an adult's help with slicing the meat and using the food processor.
Prep time: 5 minutes
What you need:
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fat-free Greek-style plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 2 large romaine leaves, cut in half
- 8 slices of leftover lean roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat wraps
Equipment and supplies:
- Food processor
What to do:
- Place mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, and horseradish into a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined, about 10 seconds.
- Lay wraps onto a flat surface.
- Top each wrap with a piece of lettuce, some tomato, and 2 slices of roast beef.
- Drizzle some dressing over the veggies and beef.
- Roll each wrap up. Serve immediately or wrap in foil for later.
How much does this recipe make?
- 4 wraps
- About KidsHealth
- Reading BrightStart!
- Contact Us
- Editorial Policy
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com