What Other Kids Are Reading
Spicy Black Bean Cilantro Dip
Note: If you try this recipe, get a grownup's help because it requires using a food processor.
Prep time: 8 minutes
What you need:
- 15-ounce can unsalted, fat-free black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ small jalapeño pepper (optional), ribs and seeds removed
Equipment and supplies:
- Food processor or blender
What to do:
- Place beans, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, olive oil, water, and jalapeño (if desired) into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 5 minutes, stopping halfway through to scrape down the sides.
- Serve with fresh cut-up vegetables — try carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, and celery — for dipping.
How much does this recipe make? 2-4 servings
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com