What Other Kids Are Reading
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 small red apples
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- blender or food processor
- measuring spoons
- serving bowls
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces. Throw out the core.
- Put the apple pieces and lemon juice into the blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into two small bowls and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Enjoy your awesome applesauce!
Serving size: 1 bowl (half the recipe)
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
0 g protein
0 g fat
22 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
3 mg sodium
14 mg calcium
0.3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com