Welcome to KidsHealth in the Classroom!
KidsHealth is pleased to offer teachers, school nurses, coaches, and guidance counselors a new online resource: KidsHealth in the Classroom. The KidsHealth in the Classroom website offers free health curriculum materials for teachers of all grades and subject areas. Each teacher's guide includes discussion questions, activities, and reproducible handouts and quizzes - all aligned to national health education standards.
But that's not all. KidsHealth in the Classroom will also offer tips from teachers, information about common childhood health problems, health-related news, and resources to help you improve the health of your students and your school - and even your own health.
How to Use KidsHealth in the Classroom
Of course, you're welcome to explore the site to find just what you need. But if you're looking to get the most out of KidsHealth in the Classroom, try these tips:
- Get the latest teacher's guides - hot off the presses. Sign up for our free email newsletter programs to get new teacher's guides as soon as they become available.
- Share articles with students. Use the related KidsHealth articles available in each teacher's guide with your students to help reinforce what you teach in class.
- Spread the word to parents. Print articles from KidsHealth to send home to parents so that they know what's going on in class - and so that they can help their children apply what they're learning to life outside school.
- Coordinate efforts with colleagues. Include other teachers, school nurses, coaches, guidance counselors, and other school staff in your lesson plans. Together, you can teach complementary lessons and make health education a priority in your school.
- Let us know what you need. Tell us what topics you would like to see covered in future teacher's guides.
And if you like what you see, tell a friend!
KidsHealth in the Classroom is created by KidsHealth, the largest and most visited site on the Web providing doctor-approved health information about children from before birth through adolescence. Created by The Nemours Foundation's Center for Children's Health Media, the award-winning KidsHealth provides families with accurate, up-to-date, and jargon-free health information they can use. KidsHealth has been on the Web since 1995. On a typical weekday, KidsHealth now gets about 750,000 visits.
KidsHealth has separate areas for kids, teens, and parents - each with its own design, age-appropriate content, and tone. There are literally thousands of in-depth features, articles, animations, games, and resources - all original and all developed by experts in the health of children and teens.
About the Nemours Center for Children's Health Media
The Nemours Center for Children's Health Media is a part of The Nemours Foundation, an organization created by philanthropist Alfred I. duPont in 1936 and devoted to improving the health of children. The Center creates family-friendly print, video, and CD-ROM projects about children's health and development for parents, kids, and teens.
Among our recent projects is Fit Kids - published worldwide by Dorling Kindersley - a beautifully illustrated book for parents concerned about keeping their kids and teens eating healthy and in good shape. We also created Charles Scribner's Sons' multi-volume Encyclopedia of Human Diseases and Conditions, distributed in schools and libraries throughout the United States. Our 800-page softbound book, KidsHealth Guide for Parents - Pregnancy to Age 5, is published by McGraw-Hill/Contemporary Press. A variety of videos for families on a range of health topics are available through the American Academy of Pediatrics and educational video distributors.
The Center also creates private-labeled online children's health information for licensed use by hospitals and corporations. Our business development team welcomes inquiries from organizations regarding collaborative or licensing projects. Media inquiries are welcome, as well.