1. Place two bowls on a countertop.
2. Crack the egg gently on a flat surface.
TIP: Cold eggs are easier to separate.
3. Working over one of the bowls, gently pry the eggshell halves apart.
4. Keep the yolk in one of the eggshell halves and allow the whites to run over into the bowl below.
5. Gently transfer the yolk back and forth between the eggshell halves and allow as much of the whites as possible to drip into the bowl. Take care not to break any part of the yolk.
6. When you're done, you will have the egg whites in one bowl. Pour the yolk into the other bowl if you plan to use it or dispose of it with the eggshell halves.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com
Copyright © Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer. [NONDISCRIMINATION NOTICE]
Questions? Comments? Click Here to Send a Message | Need more information? Call 850-416-7000 or Toll Free 1-800-874-1026
Sacred Heart Health System | Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola | Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast | Sacred Heart Hospital on the Gulf