Note: If you try this recipe, get some help from an adult because it requires using a knife and the oven.
Prep time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 slices of a tomato
Equipment and supplies:
- Knife for spreading
- Measuring spoons
- Baking sheet
What to do:
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice the English muffin in half.
- Place two English muffin halves on a small baking sheet.
- Top the muffins with tomato sauce.
- Add cheese.
- Add basil.
- Add the tomato slice.
- Broil until cheese is brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
How much does this recipe make?
Reviewed by: Cheryl Patterson, RD, CDE