Note: You'll need an adult's help because this recipe involves using a food processor and cutting. Complete this light lunch by adding your favorite cut-up veggies or a side salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen spinach
- ¼ of cucumber, sliced
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Food processor or blender
- Baking sheet
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Have an adult help you with this step: Place yogurt, spinach, cucumber, salt, and pepper into food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place dip into a bowl and refrigerate until chips are done.
- Cut pitas into 8 wedges.
- Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until light golden brown and crispy.
- Use the pita wedges to scoop up the yogurt dip!
How much does this recipe make?
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD