Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Recipe makes: 4 servings
- 4 fresh, white fish fillets (e.g., flounder, grouper, cod, halibut, or snapper), 3 ounces (85 grams) each
- ½ cup low-sodium breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt substitute and pepper
Equipment and supplies:
- Baking sheet or cookie sheet
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (140°C). Spray baking sheet or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange the fish fillets on the baking sheet. Season the fish with salt substitute and pepper.
- Drizzle a few drops of lemon juice over each fillet. Spray with cooking spray, then pat the breadcrumbs on. Finally, drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness of the fillets. Test to see if the fish is done by inserting the tip of a knife into a fillet. If it flakes easily all the way through, it's done.
- Serve hot.
Reviewed by: Meredith Parkinson, RD, LDN