Note for babysitters:
This recipe contains milk.
Ask parents about any food allergies
before making this recipe for kids.
When choosing toppings, keep in mind that some foods
are choking hazards for kids under age 4.
Prep time: about 15 minutes
- 1 standard-sized (about 3-4 inches), 100% whole-wheat bagel, cut in half
- tomato sauce
- shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- toppings like diced green pepper, chopped onion, chopped tomato, mushrooms, chopped cooked spinach or broccoli, grated carrots, olives (basically, whatever you like)
- seasonings like oregano, basil, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Spread tomato sauce on each bagel half.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese all over the tomato sauce on each half.
- Add your favorite toppings.
- Put a light sprinkling of seasonings on each half.
- Put your bagel halves on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 5-8 minutes. You'll know they're done when the cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool for a minute or more, then enjoy your tiny pizzas!
Serving size: 2 tiny pizzas
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
9 g protein
4 g fat
34 g carbohydrate
9 g fiber
11 mg cholesterol
633 mg sodium
144 mg calcium
1.9 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N