Prep time: about 60 to 120 minutes
- 2 c. plain yogurt
- 1/2 c. canned crushed pineapple (packed in its own juice instead of packed in syrup)
- 1 can frozen pineapple or orange-pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- Drain the can of crushed pineapple so all the juice runs out.
- Put all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix them together.
- Spoon the mixture into small paper cups. Fill them almost to the top.
- Stretch a small piece of plastic wrap across the top of each cup.
- Using a popsicle stick, poke a hole in the plastic wrap. Stand the stick straight up in the center of the cup.
- Put the cups in the freezer until the mixture is frozen solid.
- Remove the plastic wrap and peel away the paper cup. You'll have pineapple pops to eat and share!
Serving size: 1 pop
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
1 g fat
36 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
5 mg cholesterol
62 mg sodium
136 mg calcium
0.1 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
If you like, you can make this recipe using plastic popsicle molds instead of the paper cups and popsicle sticks.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N