Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 large zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix zucchini, sweet potato, eggs, salt, pepper, and flour. Mix until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Using a soup ladle, drop about ¼ cup of mixture into skillet and cook each cake about until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve as is or with applesauce.
Servings: 6 to 8 people
Suggestion: Use shredded carrot instead of shredded sweet potato.
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD