Prep time: about 25 minutes
- 1 12" pizza base (a large Boboli shell is excellent)
- 1 14-oz. can chopped tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, sliced finely
- 2 or 3 pieces of prosciutto or Parma ham, sliced very thinly (you can find it at the deli counter)
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius).
- Place the pizza base on a baking sheet and spread it with a layer of tomato.
- Sprinkle the basil over the tomato.
- Tear the prosciutto or Parma ham into small pieces and lay the pieces over the pizza. Sprinkle the pizza with the feta cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza.
- Cook in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese browns and bubbles.
- Cut into 8 slices, share, and enjoy!
Serving size: 2 slices
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
24 g protein
19 g fat
58 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
38 mg cholesterol
1765 mg sodium
350 mg calcium
2.1 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Experiment with other toppings on your pizza: olives, peppers, broccoli, avocado, and whatever else you like!
Reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD