Visit the How the Body Works section to find all the answers to these questions.
- You'll find that you have more than one "septum" in your body. Can you figure out where two of them are?
- How many bones does an adult have?
- Can you remember which part of your brain helps you remember things?
- Which part of your digestive system is like a mixer?
- What digestive juice from your liver helps to absorb fats in the bloodstream?
- Name the three types of muscle in the body.
- Assuming you're not bald, how many hairs do you have on your head?
- Where can you find your pulse?
- How fast is a sneeze?
- What happens to your skin to make it wrinkled and soggy in water?
- Which piece of computer equipment is about the size of a kidney?
- These four pointy teeth help tear food. What are they called?
- Your tongue is covered with a layer of bumps that contain taste buds. What are they called?
- Which endocrine gland is in your neck and shaped like a bowtie or butterfly?
- Your spleen works like a filter to remove germs from your system. Name another part of the immune system that also works like a filter.
- Pee follows the urinary tract, which includes six parts. What are they? Hint: Two of the parts come in pairs.
- What does the eustachian tube do?
- What's the white part of the eyeball called?
- What are nails made of?
- What are the tiniest tubes in the lungs called?
See the answers