Sweet Potato & Zucchini Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 large zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix zucchini, sweet potato, eggs, salt, pepper, and flour. Mix until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Using a soup ladle, drop about ¼ cup of mixture into skillet and cook each cake about until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve as is or with applesauce.
Servings: 6 to 8 people
Suggestion: Use shredded carrot instead of shredded sweet potato.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com