Prep time: 5 minutes
- ¾ c. frozen mango chunks
- ¾ c. frozen pineapple chunks
- ¾ c. low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add a little water if the mixture doesn't blend easily.
- Pour the smoothie into two glasses and enjoy.
Serving size: 1 cup
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Vitamin C plays an important role in tissue growth and repair and bone and tooth development. Vitamin C also helps the body absorb iron. Good sources of vitamin C include citrus fruits, broccoli, tomatoes, and fortified fruit juices.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com