Kat's Asthma Story
- How old were you when you first discovered you have asthma?
- What happened that led you and your family to think you might have asthma?
- Did you have a lot of tests, and what were they like?
- How did you feel when you first heard you had asthma?
- What's the hardest part for you about having asthma?
- What does it feel like when you have an asthma flare-up? Some people describe it as "like breathing through a straw" or "drowning above water."
- What do you do to prevent yourself from getting an asthma flare-up?
- As an athlete, what is the most challenging thing about managing your asthma?
- You play two sports (track and soccer) where competing and success depend on how hard you push yourself. How do you do this and still manage your asthma?
- How do your teammates handle your asthma?
- Many kids don't have asthma. What do they need to know about it?
- What tips or encouragement would you give to other kids who have asthma and want to play sports?