Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This is loaded with calories and fat, so don't forget to take your enzymes if you are pancreatic insufficient.
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Dip chicken in egg. Then dip chicken in the seasoned breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Top each piece of chicken with 1½ oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes.
- Pour cream mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
61 g protein
46 g fat
794 mg sodium
620 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve this with your favorite pasta dish. Don't forget to add some veggies to your meal!
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com