Spicy Black Bean Cilantro Dip
Prep time: 10 minutes
Recipe makes: 2-4 servings (about 2 tablespoons per serving)
- 15-ounce can unsalted, fat-free black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ small jalapeño pepper (optional), ribs and seeds removed
Equipment and supplies:
- Food processor or blender
- Place beans, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, olive oil, water, and jalapeño (if desired) into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 5 minutes, stopping halfway through to scrape down the sides.
- Serve with fresh cut-up vegetables — try carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, and celery — for dipping.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com