Baked Salmon Sticks With Creamy Lemon-Dill Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recipe makes: A total of about 14 sticks (4 servings of 3 sticks per serving)
Ingredients for salmon sticks:
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1-pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into ½-inch strips
Ingredients for dip:
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
Equipment and supplies:
- Cooking spray
- Baking sheet and cooking rack or parchment paper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk or mixer
- 2 large bowls
- 1 small bowl
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a cooking rack and spray generously with cooking spray. If you don't have a cooking rack, line a baking sheet with parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk or beat egg whites until they are light and foamy. In another large bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Dip each salmon stick into the egg whites and then press into the crumb mixture, making sure the crumbs coat the salmon.
- Place salmon strips onto prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, make the dip: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and dill.
- Serve salmon sticks warm with a small amount of dipping sauce.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com