Avocado, Hummus, and Cheese Pita Pocket
Prep time: 5 minutes
Recipe makes: 1 serving
- 1 small whole-wheat pita pocket
- 2 tbs. hummus
- 1/8 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 slice (1 oz.) reduced-fat Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ c. pea shoots or alfalfa sprouts
- Cut the top off of the pita and open it slightly to make a pocket. Smear the inside of the pocket with hummus and stuff with cheese, avocado, and sprouts. Serve.
Tip: If you're trying to lose weight, be aware of the fat in this recipe. The amount of saturated fat means it's something you can't eat every day. Enjoy this recipe with a side of fresh vegetables (like baby carrots) or fruit (like sliced apple).
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com