Homemade Peanut Butter
Prep time: about 10 minutes
- 1½ c. unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- food processor (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- mixing spoon
- storage container
- measuring cups and spoons
For smooth peanut butter:
- Mix the peanuts with the peanut oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
- Process the mixture until it's very smooth.
- Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
For chunky peanut butter:
- Take about ¼ cup out of your 1½ cups of peanuts and set them aside.
- Mix the rest of the peanuts with the oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
- Process the mixture until it's very smooth, then stir in the peanuts that you had set aside.
- Process a few seconds more to create the chunks in your chunky peanut butter.
- Store your chunky peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4.3 g protein
10.25 g fat
4 g carbohydrate
1.5 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
1 mg sodium
10 mg calcium
0.4 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com