Blueberry Oatmeal Squares
Note: You can use raisins instead of blueberries to make cinnamon-raisin oatmeal squares.
Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 1½ cups quick oats
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
Equipment and supplies:
- Large mixing bowl
- 8x8-inch baking pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares.
How much does this recipe make?
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com