Chicken Salad & Greens
Note: Here's a great way to use leftover chicken from last night's dinner. No leftovers? Buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Either way, get a grownup's help with the chopping and cutting.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
What you need:
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 cups leftover roasted chicken, chopped into ½–inch pieces
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
Equipment and supplies:
- Mixing bowl
- Knife for chopping
- Bowls for serving
What to do:
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, celery, red onion, grapes, and chicken.
- Mix gently until everything is well coated in dressing.
- Divide lettuce between four bowls.
- Top each bowl with some chicken salad. Serve cold.
How much does this recipe make?
- 4 servings
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com