Tropical Ball of Cheese
This recipe is especially for kids who must avoid gluten, a type of protein found in many foods.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 8-ounce package of light cream cheese, softened
- 4-ounce container of light tropical fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- Cut tropical fruit into smaller pieces.
- Combine softened cream cheese, fruit, and ½ cup walnuts.
- Chill well in refrigerator.
- Mold into a ball and roll cheese in remaining ½ cup of nuts.
Serving size: ¼ cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
11 g fat
3 g sat. fat
4 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
12 mg cholesterol
87 mg sodium
38 mg calcium
0.5 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with carrots, celery, and/or gluten-free crackers. You can cut calories even more by using fat-free cream cheese.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com