- Vesicoureteral Reflux (VUR) for Parents
... the body. When urine (pee) refluxes from the bladder to the kidneys,
it's called vesicoureteral reflux (VUR). Vesicoureteral ...
- Urinary Tract Infections for Parents
... This type of UTI is called cystitis. If the infection travels up the ureters to the
kidneys, it's called pyelonephritis and is usually more serious. ...
- Blood Test: Immunoglobulin A (IgA) for Parents
... diagnose problems with the immune system, intestines, and kidneys.
It may be done in kids who have recurrent infections. ...
- X-Ray Exam: Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG) for Parents
... ureters. When urine goes back up toward the kidneys, it's called
vesicoureteral (VU) reflux. A VCUG can detect VU reflux. ...
- Word! Nephropathy for Kids
... This can affect several organs, including the kidneys. It is more likely
to happen if a person's diabetes isn't well controlled. ...